What the Hell is this Blog?

I've been asking myself that question lately. A religion blog? A political activism blog? Perhaps, just a blog about voraciously knitting. All that and more! But not much more ... I'm not around here often anymore.

I wander the house now, clad in my jim-jams and a hooded cardigan, thinking differently about my glasses. You see, I read in N.T. Wright book that a "Christian worldview" isn't forcing your religion on others via a political system, but rather the lenses through which you see the world. That means something to someone so desperately blind as me without my glasses on. I think about that a lot now, so there's only one conclusion ...

THIS IS A CHRISTIAN BLOG. 

I see everything--my political activism (such as it is), my psychology, even my knitting--as one of many Christian acts. Often I see myself failing in the Christian realm. Believe me, I really suck at being a Christian. I told Chris just yesterday that sometimes I want to give up and just be a secular humanist because good works in the Christian world seem to come attached with ulterior motives. Thing is, though, I kinda like Jesus. And I kinda think He's God. Little complications.

So welcome, for the billionth time, to my Christian Spectacles. I'll try to blog more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Hate Christians

For Such a Time as This

Political Musing