Monday, October 20, 2014

Knitting Marathon = Over

... for now. I'm taking the rest of the month off (maybe I'll wind some hanks into balls), then it's back to the grindstone for me. Did I use that metaphor right? I don't know. I've been out of college too long.

About twenty hats (I didn't take an official count before taping up the box), two scarves (one of which had something go disastrously wrong, resulting in my using my mad hand sewing skills), and four 6-packs of Wigwam tube socks (like I can knit socks or something) are going to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, to the St. Vincent de Paul ... home? Anyway, although I'm not Catholic, I have a soft spot for Vincent de Paul, so I chose it after my original choice bottomed out due to embezzlement (sad). There were several things, however, I didn't realize:

  • St. Vincent de Paul in Coeur d'Alene is a massive network of social services, not just a pair of homeless shelters. 
  • Coeur d'Alene is the second largest metropolitan area in Idaho. 
So much for rural. It's a resort town in the panhandle of Idaho, but, as one might expect, it gets miserably cold in winter. Today the high will be 70 though. I wish it were 70 here. I was under the mistaken impression that I was going to be a massive blessing to some rural community. The truth took the wind out of my sails, but I think that's a good thing. I need the wind taken out of my sails basically all the time. Praise God. 

Anyway, enough of what a galoot I am. Everything's packed up--all I need to do is write down the address and get Chris to ferry it to the post office. Lord, bless--and may all these items be of service to someone. 

1 comment:

LSB said...

A population of 46,000 doesn't make it a metropolis though! And the area around it is mighty rough. I think your box will be sincerely appreciated.