Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Reads 1 & 2

Happy last day of spring! Guess what my summer plans are?
Read
Knit
Watch Doctor Who
 And the first item will be documented here on the Loquat.

I already took this book's picture, so I might as well share it even though I just wrapped it up. Fairly quick read ...

A Prayer Journal, Flannery O'Connor

... provided you're not like me and you haven't been told by three different people to get out of your head all the time. I have the feeling, after reading this, that Flannery O'Connor was in her own head too much too. But anyway, now that it's over, I'm on to a YA book ...

Where Things Come Back, John Corey Whaley

If you can win the Printz prize (the top honor for young adult fiction) with your debut novel, you must be doing something right. Anyway, I'm trying to alternate between grown-up books and YA books while I write the second draft of my YA novel. That's what this is all about: following the instruction to be both a reader and a writer. It really does help.

Last of all, I'll plug Better World Books and the crazy sales they have ever now and then (I got 21 books for $52), and now I'm off to wake up Sleeping Beauty so he can buy me lunch and we can watch the World Cup. And Doctor Who. Gotta catch up before Peter Capaldi's on the scene!

No comments: