Thursday, June 5, 2014

Guess What I've Been Doing?

If you guessed "causing conflict on Facebook", you win!

Actually, I'm probably not the one who caused the conflict--I just sit back and watch things go up in flames. Then I delete the callous comments and unfriend people. I daren't go into details because I've been ripped "anonymously" on social media, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'll do something unexpected instead. Enjoy.









When I pray for enemies, my initial response is to plead with God to "make them better." But I always amend my words--I'm the one who needs to be made better. Maybe you get that, maybe not. I'm the one offended; I'm the one who needs to forgive. Make me better. Make me more compassionate. Make me less angry. Does that even make sense?

1 comment:

Jennifer Harshman said...

Yes, Chandler, it makes sense. I think there are some times, though, when we should pray for God to make "them" better. An example that comes to mind because it's what I've been dealing with lately is abusers. Maybe instead of praying for God to make us better, we should be praying for Him to help those people stop hurting people. Thanks for posting this. I really liked reading the inscriptions on the pictures.