Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Rise of Star Beast

After the birth of my niece (yay!), I found myself questioning how we deal with our pets at one o' clock in the morning. Chris had just come to bed, and I guess I was a little insane, because I suddenly felt weird about being called "Mommy" and "Daddy". Examples:
"Come to Mommy, doggies!"
"Go to Daddy!"
"Who loves he mama?"
My brother and sister-in-law were Mommy and Daddy, not me. So, a weird insanity still plaguing my mind, I scrolled through the 1 AM Facebook offerings and settled on the perfect name for myself.

Star Beast.

Star Beast was almost the name of the movie Alien, apparently. It immediately jumped out at me as being hopelessly silly, so I took it.

Chris doesn't have the same hangups I do, so he hasn't settled on a name (if he ever will). Hipster Hadrian was soundly rejected. I'll update if he ever chooses something.

"Who loves he Star Beast?"