Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sick

I feel as though I left the world recently. I've been quite sick, part with worry (I get my first colonoscopy on Wednesday) and part with general yuck. Chris has been cooking a lot lately, which is great, but he reintroduced butter to my system, and it seems that my body rebels against dairy fats. End result was some pretty miserable weeks. We're working it out though--supplementing Mark Bittman with The Intolerant Gourmet, using plant-based oils, almond milk in my espresso, etc.--and I'm feeling pretty well back to normal.

Chris has the weekend off, so we're headed to Austin for a little time off. We'll be attending this: Mobile Loaves & Fishes - ROADS Art Show. We missed Art From the Streets in December (Chris was probably working, but how should I know? that was a whole month ago), so it'll be nice to go to this show. And it'll be nice to do something fun before my colonoscopy. Lighten my mood a little. Of course, all this depends on whether or not we can kennel the dogs at the last minute, but it is the middle of January and not the holiday season, so I don't think that'll be a problem. 

Anyway, it's back to bed with me, gentle readers. 

No comments: