Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The 2013 Humbug Rant

I'm ready now.

Salvation Army Bell Ringer Attacked by 'Christian' for Saying 'Happy Holidays'

This is why I hate this time of year.

But this is why I love it:


Are we really thinking about God becoming man for our sake when we're punching Salvation Army bell ringers for saying the wrong thing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that we've probably lost some serious focus. But don't worry, this will make you happy again. (And notice the piano has the very Christmas-oriented greeting of "Hello".)

If I had the bravery, I'd say, "Blessed Nativity." But then again, I tend not to leave the house, so it doesn't really matter. Sometimes I wish I were an Old Calendarist so I could celebrate the Nativity in January and pretty much ignore the heaving masses ... and the punch-throwing few. Still, it's the Nativity to me now and has been for some time. Maybe I can't, but I desperately want to separate myself from the people who get touchy about greetings (Christian and non-Christian alike), from the Black Friday mobs, and especially from the Lexus commercials.

Blessed Nativity, everyone.

1 comment:

LSB said...

Good thoughts for a powerful time of year. Merry Christmas!