Friday, November 29, 2013

Those Pesky Numbers

Remember when I said, "Screw veg"? Well, it's back on. Chris got a call from my doctor, and since I've given them permission to reveal test results to him, they told him my cholesterol's too high. Wonderful! Just pile it on!

(I don't know why they call Chris instead of me. Apparently I filled out the paperwork wonkily.)

Here's the thing: Chris has been known to have cholesterol levels in the 200's, but when his blood work came back, they said nothing about it. He's been taking red rice yeast (red yeast rice? yeast rice red? I dunno) and 500 mg of niacin for some time now, and it may have actually worked! Who'da thunk? So I may just adopt his protocol as mine and see how it turns out--seems better than adding another pharmaceutical to the list of five meds for depression and a thyroid pill.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, which is an absolutely splendid holiday. We had tempeh and dressing and sweet potatoes and some really poorly-made gravy (I don't recommend tapioca starch as a thickener, but what is one to do when one can't have regular flour?), and it was all cooked up in a 1.5 quart crockpot in layers. Kitchen technology is amazing. Anyway, we had Thanksgiving for breakfast since Chris had to work from 1:00 to 7:00 that evening. Kinda fun. :)

Happy holiday shopping season, gentle readers.

No comments: