Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Got a New Camera

Just what I need, right? It's a Pentax WG-1--perfect for hiking and other adventures. It's cold-proof to -14 degrees, can handle up to 5' falls, is waterproof up to 33' (wow!), and can handle dust and other particles ... unlike a previous camera that went to Monahans Sandhills State Park out west and was never the same after. It's got macro, it's got a nice purple color, and it weighs substantially less than Bishop Nikon. Like I said, perfect for hiking. It even comes with a little clip so you can attach it to your hiking pants.

It also has fun features that I can't resist using. Wanna see?






Did I mention it has higher megapixels than my Nikon? 14 instead of 10.

Truth be told, it's on a trial run to see if it'll replace the Nikon. The Nikon is too complicated and heavy (and frankly uninspiring) to use anymore. Someone else can make better use of it. That is, if the Pentax can do all it can do at less cost.

No comments: