Saturday, February 25, 2012

Credo Alfredo; or, If You Don't Like It Then Leave

I got in trouble for my last post with someone I fully expected to get in trouble with--just not to the point of being insulted up and down over virtually every aspect of my life. Thanks a billion. Anyway, if anyone else would like to lay into me for any reason, I thought I'd list my beliefs and let you pick and choose from what you hate about me.

I believe in God. I'd rather worship a diety than a political party platform. But that's just me.

I am a Christian. I hear only stupid people are Christian, and who am I to disagree? After all, I only have a bachelors degree.

I'm pro-life. I believe that life begins at conception. I believe that the end of life should come naturally. I hear that such beliefs also make me stupid, but surely we've established by now that your opinions about my intelligence don't have much bearing on what I think.

I am against the death penalty. It's not about whether people can be reformed--it's about mercy to me. Apparently this makes me forward-thinking and progressive, but this isn't a popularity contest.

I am Orthodox. I don't worship Mary or St. Elizabeth (my patron saint) or any of the saints. I honor them. If you can't tell the difference, there's probably an Orthodox priest in your area or online who'd be happy to explain. Orthodox Answers does it all the time on Twitter.

I am Orthodox. I really believe what I say in church. This is not an anthropological adventure for me--this is Truth.

I believe everything I say in the Nicene Creed.

I believe everything I say in the prayer "I believe, O Lord, and I confess."

I'm not the same person I was in junior high, nor am I the same person I was in high school ... thank goodness.

I do not exist for your entertainment.

I know that what I believe is true--otherwise it would just be an opinion.

If you find any of this distasteful, you can either politely agree to disagree or you can slam me however you feel best. Just have some guts and do it to my face.

Thank you.

3 comments:

bre said...

Amen

LSB said...

. . . what bre said . . .

Jonelle said...

Nicely said, Chandler. *High fives*