Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Failed

So I'm dropping out of college today.

I said something to Chris that stuck in my maw for a day, finally pushing me over the edge to not get an art degree. Basically I said that I no longer had the right frame of mind to be a student. And it's true--after nearly 8 years out of the game, my desire to start over as a freshman is so, so low. A 28-year-old freshman. Not the life for me.

So what to do? I can't just spend my life indoors doing nothing. I've decided to take the plunge and get certified as a nurses aide. After seeing my mom's relationship with her nurses while she was so sick, I felt a longing to be a nurse of some sort. I just thought I'd be an artist first and go to art school while I was still relatively young. Things aren't turning out that way, but I must say that I'm really not all that disappointed.

It may still be awhile before I can get things started: I may need the same immunizations that LVNs and RNs need, and since I never got Hepatitis B that'll take 6 months. Of course, if I don't need the shots I can start right away!

I better wrap this up. Chris has the kitten (Tuna) out in the living room and the dog is harassing her. It's up to me to save the day. ;)

3 comments:

Jonelle said...

Hi Chandler I've missed you. I'm sorry that art school didn't suit you. I'm excited to hear about how the nurses aide pursuit works out.

I don't really see it as that you failed - I see it as college life didn't fit your life right now, and that is okay.

LSB said...

I agree with Jonelle. I'd like this post better if it was titled something like, "I changed my mind."

bre said...

Hey chandler! I miss you too!