Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01

I was a freshman in college when the terrorist attacks on 9/11 took place. I can't believe it's been 10 years. I was most likely at breakfast when the first plane hit and in calculus (yeah, I took an 8:00 AM calculus class) when the second plane hit. Truth be told, I was clueless as to what was happening until about 10:30 AM.

As the months went on and I got into the downloading illegal music scene (now I just go to YouTube), I got my hands on a song called "911" by D12 and Gorillaz. It became my anthem for the uncharted times. The anger in the song was palpable. I'm certainly not as angry now--I don't even think of revenge when I think of 9/11 but rather sadness--but in order to relive the pain and shock of the time, I knew I should share the song that was such a big part of my life. (Be advised of naughty language--it is a rap song, after all.)

The words that stuck with me the most: "Whoever that did this, we gonna get y'all."

No comments: