Monday, July 18, 2011

Life Begins Anew

I'm 28 years old, working as a professional housewife who really enjoys taking photos, and I have no kids. What to do? Go back to school to learn to take better pictures! And I just found out today that I've been admitted to the University of North Texas as a pre-art major! Ain't life grand?

Why a pre-art major? UNT has a fantabulous art school, so you have to pass a certain number of classes in order to be truly admitted to the art program. I, in addition, will have to submit a portfolio at a certain point to be admitted into the photography program. Seems photographers are a dime-a-dozen, but I'm confident in my mad photo skillz.

I'm also keen on sculpture and the jewelry-making/metalsmithing program. Remember way back when when Chris and I were trying to adopt a blind child (you know, the reason we started this blog)? After getting keen on art, I began to feel that certain disabilities were excluded from the joy of art, blindness in particular. Thus the interest in sculpture: Touchable art.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I have no clue what my next step is at this point ... other than jumping up and down, of course. For now, exult in my latest photo in my "Art for Your Kitchen" series.

1 comment:

Svetleah said...

Woohoooo! Congratulations!