Monday, March 7, 2011

So yeah, I ought to do a New Years Resolution check-in

Didn't learn Spanish.

Didn't visit my grandmother.

Didn't go to confession.

Didn't volunteer in large part because no one seems to want us.


February was quite the month. Chris's grandmother died, which we were there to witness. That consumed a lot of time and was utterly exhausting. I found myself thinking of my own grandmother a lot and how I wasn't able to be with her this month. Oh, what a mess. I officially hate my New Years resolutions.

Here in March, I think it's time to rethink things a little bit. First and foremost, it's time to throw volunteering out the window. We've tried two places and gotten no response, so it's time to move on to bigger and better things. I propose that, in its place, I put going back to school. After getting a really useful BA in creative writing 7 years ago, I've decided it's time to do something useful with my life and go into nursing. It's funny: I knew someone in college who was a nurse who was getting a creative writing degree, and here I am doing the exact opposite.

Learning Spanish, while admirable, doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I strike it dead with no replacement.

My desire to go to confession once and month and visit my grandmother once a month shall remain as is. They're still good and ultimately doable things. My track record isn't so great, but they must be done.

I guess that's all I have on the subject. Here's hoping March is a better month, eh?

1 comment:

StacyandChad said...

I'm excited for you and going back to school! I resolved not to make any new year resolutions because I'm so bad about keeping them! Good luck with school!