Friday, August 20, 2010

Purl of Great Price

Long time, no blog, huh?

I have a mood disorder, okay? So I may just be in one of those states. I realize that I should always take that into account when I get great zeal for something. I'm also having to reveal one of my great secrets here and possibly lose my reward in heaven, but I knit hats and scarves for the homeless. Hats 4 the Homeless served as my guide, and last year, just before that nasty Christmas snowstorm overtook Denton, I dropped off over 40 hats and a few scarves at the Denton County Salvation Army shelter (the only homeless shelter in Denton County, I might add).

Normally I'd keep such revelations of how I spend my free time to myself, but 40 hats took several years of work. Thus far this year I think I have five. Oh, but how much more the homeless could have if the people of my church (St. Maximus the Confessor Orthodox Church) were to pool their knitting/crochet/sewing resources toward a common goal! That's right, Church--I'm calling you out and demanding a knitting bee for the greater good! We can even have a quilting bee and make ugly quilts, if you like. Let's just use our mad domestic skills for the greater good, eh?

I'm clearly running on five hours of sleep, so I'll get a little rest and we'll get something concrete down, 'kay? Good. Night-night.

1 comment:

Svetleah said...

This is a great idea. However, I've never finished a project due to lack of skillz. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I think I might be teachable though.