Sunday, May 23, 2010

Uncharted territory

I'm not a video game fanatic. I don't put clips of myself playing video games on You Tube. Some do, and I don't judge them ... I just watch what they put up. I will own up, however, to being a video game nerd who reads specific game series' wikia and listens to Mega Man music online in my free time (it's so embarrassing to admit that). But I'm usually so late on the draw that I can read other nerds' online guides when I get stuck in a game. Not this time: I'm going sight unseen into Super Mario Galaxy 2, which came out this very A.M. Well, Chris has been doing most of the heavy lifting--I'm helpful Player 2, who spends most of my time watching and hitting buttons that make crowd noises. Oddly enough, I don't think he appreciates it when I play the ooo noise while he's falling into a pit.

Other than that, I have nothing to report on except that it's fun, perhaps not as good as its predecessor, and has a kickin' soundtrack. It's been fun going into this with no preconceived notions. :)

No comments: