Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Moving quick hits

I appear to be a firm practitioner as well as a firm believer in the siesta: I only seem to get work done in the mornings and after the sun goes down. And I have been feeling a mite bad about how little work I get done on the move over the course of the day even though I can accomplish a lot well into the evening. Anyway, tonight after 11:30 we began the big duty of moving furniture we no longer want to the garage. Two sofas and a coffee table later, I'd say we did damn good work for the day. Think I'll take another evening nap tomorrow!

We've had a constant supply of Gatorade running through the house. Hits the spot after something strenuous. As of today, the only things in the refrigerator are Gatorade, some jelly, a tub of margarine, and some strange juice from a long-forgotten green leafy. My favorite flavor is blue--Chris prefers red.

Highs and lows for Tuesday, August 11: Dallas - 100, 77; Marfa - 90, 62. Make of that what you will.

Whenever a break from packing and purging is in order, I sit and knit and Chris breaks out The Godfather: Blackhand Edition for our beloved Wii. When Chris isn't around, I often take over his character and go on a reckless driving and shooting spree. This often ends with the character going down in a ball of fire. I'm not allowed to save over the game when I do that.

Currently the schedule is to have everything packed up by the end of the day Wednesday. On Thursday, a thrift store will come pick up our furniture we're donating, and we'll do any work around the house that needs done (like plugging nail holes, vacuuming, mopping, etc). After the donatable furniture is gone, we can move our movables into the garage. We'll load the truck Saturday, brace ourselves Sunday, and go west (young man) Monday. Scary.

No comments: