Saturday, April 11, 2009

Running out of time

Holy Week begins on Monday, which means the computer gets shut off tomorrow at 11:59:59 PM. So there's some stuff I need to get out of the way before that occurs.

There's a whopping 40 new pictures up at Chandler's Victory Garden (link is to the left). Everything is lovely and green now and lots of things are blooming, so head over there for some nice views of the garden. I can't get my peas to die, so I don't know if I'll ever get my black eyed peas planted. A lot of my free time will be spent working on the garden next week because, well, I can't hang out at church all day!

I try to keep the computer off during these times, but I'm making an exception this week. ZooToo is having voting for an animal shelter makeover, and my dog's (I say "my dog", but he lives in MO with the parental units) old stomping grounds the Central Missouri Humane Society is up for the prize. I'm told they really need the help too because they are in dire straights (or dire straits--that's one of those things a spellchecker won't pick up for you). However, they're being discriminatory against Orthodox Christians who turn off their computers during Holy Week and only allowing voting from the 13th to the 19th (Pascha). Thanks, guys. Anyway, my computer will be on for about 5 minutes for voting, and you should vote too.

Hmm. We've gone from extremely dry weather and grass fires to a thunderstorm. Methinks I'll get off the computer while this thrilling weather persists.

No comments: