Friday, March 20, 2009

This is bad, this is bad, this is very, very bad!!!

You know I'm not one to overuse exclamation points, but I'm so glad Chris quit Dallas ISD now!!!!!! Yesterday the front page of the Dallas Morning News had a story on Dallas ISD's South Oak Cliff High School ... where the administrators didn't break up fights, but rather tossed the students into a steel cage and let them duke it out there.

Today I sat down at the computer and saw a headline on it on my news-laden homepage. "Oh, it made national news, of course," I thought.

That's when I realized ... I wasn't reading national news ... it was a headline on the BBC.

This cage fighting story is the most read and second most shared (email, Facebook, etc) new story on the BBC. DISD is about to get scrutiny like it's never seen before--you can give the Morning News or Dallas Observer the run-around, but BBC reporters don't back down so easily.

I'm not so much thinking that I'm glad that Chris doesn't work for DISD anymore, but rather that I'm glad he doesn't work there now or that he never worked for South Oak Cliff!

Storm's a-comin'--wait and see.

No comments: