Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wear Red sightings

In a continuation of yesterday's post, I was pleased to find Wear Red Day hype in unlikely locations. First off, I happened upon Winter Trails when I was looking up information on snowshoeing some time ago. Yesterday, it looked like this:


Meanwhile, its partner site, Winter Feels Good, looked thusly:


Winter Feels Good has been a source of humor for me because of course winter feels good in Texas--it's 66 degrees here right now! But then again, I was laughing about this last week on our trip to the Hill Country, neglected to knock on wood, and ended up having to hike in drizzly, near-frozen weather. And then that night there was an ice storm. Hmm. I think that's called poetic justice, if I'm not much mistaken.

By the way, since winter feels so darn good here, we went hiking at Cedar Hill State Park today (and got in free with our lovely new park pass!). Probably by the time you see this, I'll have the photos up on Backcountry Peripatetic. If you're quicker on the draw than I expect, wait a few minutes, will ya?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be wearing my one truly RED thing -- a scarf that looks like flames. But I'll put on the black dress and black blazer to make it show up REALLY BRIGHT!!!
Love, Mums