Sunday, February 8, 2009

The "It Must Be Winter" arrangement

Last year I took a functional gardening approach and planted only food-bearing plants ... and the castor beans. I lamented that decision all summer, as I'm swimming in vases and buying flowers is expensive. But as I was cleaning up my kitchen, I stumbled across my ikebana that my mom gave me and just had to do something with it. So I made a trip to the herb garden, and this was the result:


Now sitting on the edge of the kitchen sink is a tiny bouquet of rosemary, sage, and rue. I think the rue really completes it, especially considering how awful the sage looks. Poor stuff can't wait till summer, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's lovely!

. . . think I'll go get one of my window-ledge ikebana out and do something with it. If I can find a flower or a green thing. Guess there are some Iris leaves and maybe some grass hiding under the leaves.

It's sunny and warm for the second day in a row.

Love,
Mums