Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Virtual house hunting II

I think the cat's pretty much out of the bag that we're house hunting from a distance in Houston. Chris is departing tonight for his interview, and I'll be here trying to decide how much is too much if we don't know if we're moving. (Getting pre-approved for a loan? Safe move. Stuffing all the clothing into a bag? Bad move. Packing up china and crystal? Somewhere in between.) We do have some favorite houses at this point (many of which have been on the market for nearly a year--nothing's really wrong with them, just a bad housing market), but it never hurts to keep looking. And these pictures are the unfortunate result of said looking ...

Okay, this is a two-parter. These are both pictures of the same house. I just wonder which one I'm getting ...


Something tells me it's the second picture ...

Ai-yi-yi, amigos! What gives with these funny painted rooms? I'd say, "Give me the purple and green argyle room over this!" but this looks much easier to paint over.

Real nice shot ya got there.

Modern, condominium living in the big city is so hip these days! I mean, look at this bastion of urban coolness--it looks like a torte! I hope that's Bavarian cream in between the layers! Mmm ... I'm thinking red velvet, how 'bout you?

Houston is the fourth largest city in the US, and it's been set to overtake Chicago for quite a while now. Problem is, it takes up more space than the first three combined. It's really shocking how dense it's not--you can tell just driving around the city. For that reason, you can have pasture within the city limits, and for that same reason, you can see horses in city dweller's backyards.

Speaking of ai-yi-yi, my eyeballs need a good scrub after looking at this one. Aqua green and lime green isn't my favorite color combination, really.

No comments: