Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I am happy

Why am I happy?

Tea with chocolate in it? Yes, please! A present I purchased was from SerendipiTea, and I couldn't resist throwing in a few things for myself. Decaf ChocolaTea was one of them. Mmm.

Lata Mangeshkar? Yes, please! Needing a pick-me-up earlier in the week, I turned to the radio section of iTunes and the international channels. And now yours truly has a bit of a Bollywood obsession. "Bombay Beats India" (which isn't a sports headline) has the best beats, but "Hindi Radio Mera Sangeet" will play classic stuff occasionally. Shake your booty.

Chris finished with classes at SMU? Yes, please! Of course, probably no one is happier than he is. He was the one having to keep up with his students' and his own classwork! But after a year and a half of it, I still hadn't grown accustomed to his absence on Mondays--even this Monday evening I started work on dinner before realizing that he wouldn't be home until after 8:30.

Free gift with purchase? Yes, please! SeredipiTea threw in a cool strainer with my tea purchase. Ain't that sweet?

Getting up early? Yes, please! I even got the unprecedented pleasure of waking the cat up. Lemmy usually gets sick of waiting for me to get up and puts forth her best effort to get me up, which means I get stomped over (as much as an 8 lb cat can) and my nose sniffed. She was happy to see me up so early, but still had to get the formality of sniffing my nose out of the way.

No Christmas music? Yes, please! I really don't like the stuff. Listening to Bollywood is a sure-fire way to make sure I don't hear a note of it! Talk radio helps too.

You'd be happy, too.

No comments: