Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall gardening

My garden fell by the wayside after my tomatoes failed, my peppers were consumed by tomato horn worms (those things get huge, by the way), and everything but the herbs failed to produce. Mosquitos and temperatures in the 100 range didn't really help, either. But now it's time to do some clean-up, and I'm rarin' to go!

Apparently, my garden is, too ...

Oh, so now you're ready to bloom, huh?! Lesson learned: Beans don't like the heat.

Do you remember this cute little plant? (The cable running behind it is about a foot from the ground.)

Well, it looks a might different now:



These castor beans are monster plants. I have plans to plant them again next year! The one on the left in the first picture is a foot taller than Chris--you can see it's nearly up to our roof! You might see a lot of strings. The rain weighed them down and I had to stand them back up. For the tall one, it was a preemptive strike because rain's coming and it hadn't fallen over yet.

No comments: